If you are wanting to build a white teeth oral hygiene routine that gives you fresh breath all day long then this post is for you!
Below you will find a full list of all the products you will need along with some highlights on each of the products.
3 Routines You Need
To build a healthy oral hygiene routine, you need to have a routine that ensures your teeth are protected all day.
To do this, you should create a routine for the Morning, Daytime and Night.
Pro Tip: If you spend most of your time at home you can just use your at home products. If not, you NEED to have a travel hygiene kit.
This is the exact steps that I do for my morning oral hygiene routine.
Step 1: Brush Teeth
I have a simple morning routine. I brush my teeth with a manual soft toothbrush with some Crest toothpaste. I do this to make sure the fluoride in my toothpaste protects my teeth from my breakfast.
Step 2: Scrape Tongue
To fight morning breath I brush and scrape my tongue. The tongue holds lots of bacteria overnight so cleaning your tongue is a MUST.
Step 3: Anti-Cavity Mouthwash
In the mornings I use Thera Breath Mouthwash which is an anti-cavity mouthwash. This mouthwash helps fight bad breath which is perfect for the morning!
TAKE CARE OF YOUR TEETH ON THE GO
It's important to always be prepared when it comes to your breath and teeth. Make sure to have a travel kit ready! Dental floss picks and mouthwash are a must but if you have the means to brush your teeth where you may be then make sure to have that as well.
My night routine tends to be more extensive because we have to protect our teeth overnight as we rest. We can also use this time to do treatments on our teeth such as whitening.
Step 1: Floss
Before brushing my teeth, I always go in wish a floss. If you have build up on your teeth its important to remove that first so you are actually cleaning the tooth thoroughly.
Step 2: Brush
Once I have removed all the food and build up between my teeth I will go in with my toothbrush. If I really want an extra clean then I will use my simple electric toothbrush by Oral B.
Step 3: Floss AGAIN
YES! I floss for a second time. This step has been a GAME CHANGER. Flossing for a second time really allows for your teeth to appear extra clean because you can really see each tooth. PLUS this allows for the mouthwash in the next step to really get in and do an amazing job.
Step 4: Antiseptic Mouthwash
At night I use an antiseptic mouthwash. These tend to sting a bit but for good reason. These types of mouthwash have loads of benefits that protect your teeth, strengthen your gums and fight bad breath!
At night is also when I like to add in my treatments. This is where I would add a Whitestrip along with about 5 minutes of LED lights. I don't do this regularly. This is mostly a touch up for an instant glow.
Pro Tip: Switch Up Your Toothpaste
Just like there are different mouthwashes, there are tons of toothpastes. If you feel like you want to target a certain issue, nighttime is a great time to switch it up. I often use a sensitivity toothpaste but other options are whitening, gum health or cavity protection.
Colgate Manual Toothbrush
- Circular power bristles to help effectively clean teeth
- Cleaning tip bristles to effectively reach and clean back teeth and between teeth
- Easy to grip handle to provide comfort and control while brushing
- Helps remove tooth stains
TheraBreath Fresh Breath Mouthwash
- Fight and Breath: Our Fresh Breath Oral Rinse is a dentist-formulated mouthwash that targets sulfur-producing bacteria to help Fight and Breath. Clinically proven to be effective for up to 24 hours
- Restore Confidence: Our Icy Mint mouthwash uses clinically-proven oxygenating ingredients to help fight the bacteria that cause bad breath odor and stop sour, bitter, and metallic tastes in your mouth
- Premium Oral Care: Our solution-oriented line of toothpastes, mouthwashes, breath sprays, tonsil stone kits, pet care products, and more can help your whole family get the oral hygiene support you need
- Professional-Grade Products: TheraBreath's line of dentist-formulated toothpastes, mouthwashes, and other products are designed to help address halitosis, cavity prevention, gum disease, and more
- Trusted Quality: Started in 1994 by dentist Dr. Harold Katz, TheraBreath has continued to innovate, delivering an extensive line of the highest-quality oral care products for you and your family
Tongue Brush and Scraper
- Dual action tongue scraper cleaner features ultra soft, micro pointed bristles that loosen bad breath bacteria- a built in tongue scraper that removes the bacteria from the surface of your tongue
- The Orabrush tongue scraper micro bristles reach deep into the uneven crevices of your tongue to loosen and lift away stinky bacteria; 90% of bad breath comes from the back of your tongue
- Orabrush’s tongue scraper bristles are designed after a surgeon's scrub brush, which collects and removes the bacteria and residue generated from brushing which helps fight bad breath
- #1 Tongue Scraper Cleaner in the US
Oral Hygiene Travel Kit
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Model Number: 322
- Item Package Dimension: 2.4892cm L x 13.4112cm W x 13.8938cm H
- Item Package Weight: 3.5 oz
Oral B Electric Toothbrush
- Oral B clinical FlossAction electric toothbrush provides a floss-like clean for healthier Gums. Does not replace flossing
- Floss action bristles loosen plaque between teeth
- Consistent battery performance. 2 AA batteries included
- Compatible with other Oral B brush heads: CrossAction, sensitive gum Care, FlossAction, 3D White. Does not fit Oral B without brush heads
- Oral B is the #1 dentist-rmmended toothbrush brand worldwide
Disposable Dental Floss Picks
- Smiles for Miles: Includes 150 dental flossers to remove plaque and maintain your smile
- Super Tuffloss: Engineered not to stretch, shred or break, this floss is the ultimate tool to remove trapped food debris and to keep gums clean and healthy
- Fresh Breath: Enjoy fresh breath for miles of smiles with delicious mint flavored dental floss, leaving your smile clean and bright
- Fold-Out Pick: Fold-out dental toothpick helps to clean teeth and folds away for safety and convenience, perfect for storing while you are traveling or at home
- Easy Storage: Our Plackers dental flosser picks are packaged in consumer preferred zipper closure bags for convenient on-the-go travel or at home storage
- KILLS 99.9% of GERMS: This 1-liter bottle of Listerine Freshburst spearmint antiseptic mouthwash kills 99.9% of germs that cause bad breath, plaque and gingivitis for a fresher and cleaner mouth than brushing alone
- FIGHT PLAQUE AND GINGIVITIS: A germ-killing mouthwash clinically shown to reduce plaque more than brushing and flossing alone by up to 52 percent more and reduce gingivitis by 21 percent more, for a fresh and healthy mouth
- REFRESHING Mint FLAVOR: From the #1 dentist recommended brand of over the counter mouthwashes, this mouthwash for bad breath features a minty flavor that works to leave your mouth feeling clean and refreshed
- ADA Seal of ACCEPTANCE: As an American Dental Association (ADA)-accepted antiseptic mouthwash, Listerine Freshburst Antiseptic Mouthwash offers 24-hour germ* protection with twice daily use.*Germs that cause plaque, gingivitis and bad breath
- WHOLE MOUTH CLEAN: With approximately 4 weeks supply, achieve maximum results from this fresh breath mouthwash by rinsing mouth for 30 seconds twice a day, both morning and night, and experience a refreshing, dentist-clean feeling
- FLUORIDE ANTICAVITY MOUTHWASH: 1-liter of Listerine Fluoride Anticavity Mouthwash in fresh mint flavor to improve oral health by helping to prevent cavities, strengthening teeth, and leaving a refreshing, clean feeling you can taste
- 6-IN-1 BENEFITS: Fluoride-rich mint mouthwash offers six dental hygiene benefits in one oral rinse to kill germs that cause bad breath, strengthen teeth, help prevent cavities, restore enamel, clean your mouth and freshen breath
- 50% STRONGER TEETH: Anticavity mouthwash freshens breath while helping to make teeth 50% stronger than brushing alone, according to laboratory studies vs brushing alone
- PROTECTS DAY AND NIGHT: Help protect your mouth by adding a 60-second rinse of this powerful anticavity mouthwash to your morning and evening oral care routines
- ADA ACCEPTED: With approximately 7 weeks of supply, this multibenefit oral rinse in a refreshing Fresh Mint Flavor helps prevent tooth decay and is accepted by the American Dental Association's (ADA) Seal of Acceptance Program
Crest 3D Whitestrips with LED Light
- Crest’s best and fastest whitening technology at home
- A lightweight, disposable, water resistant, handheld device that weakens stains
- When used as directed, Crest Whitestrips with Light whitens dramatically better than strips alone
- Whitening results last up to 36 months. Apply light to upper and lower teeth until it turns off automatically. Full results in 10 days
- 1 Light and 10 teeth whitening strip treatments, each with 1 upper and 1 lower strip. Apply once a day for 60 minutes
- #1 Teeth Whitening Brand in America. *Based on Nielsen U.S reported sales data, August 2021