If you are looking for the best stick vacuum for vinyl plank floors, then you must know the advantages of buying a specialty vacuum. LVP flooring is the latest trend for getting the look of hardwoord floors at a fraction of the cost.
The right stick vacuum will not only help you in getting rid of dirt and dust particles but will also give your vinyl flooring a pristine look without damaging it.
In an effort to be transparent, this blog uses affiliates links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn commission on qualifying purchases. So heads up, there may be some in this post!
Best Stick Vacuums for Vinyl Plank Floors
- Best Overall: Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright Corded Stick Vacuum
- Best Cordless: Dyson V11 Torque Drive
- Best Multi-Use: Tineco A10 Hero Stick Vacuum
- Best Budget: Bissell Featherweight 2033 Bagless Vacuum
- Best Lightweight: Hoover BH50010 Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Compare them all here or keep reading for individual reviews.
Best Overall: Shark Rocket DeluxePro Upright Vacuum
Shark Rocket DeluxePro is easily convertible from an upright vacuum to a handheld vacuum. This vacuum cleaner is flexible in cleaning vinyl floors and other types of surfaces.
It features two types of brushes – a bristle brush and a soft brush roll.
You can use the bristle brush for cleaning high pile carpets and the soft brush roll for cleaning vinyl floors and other hard surfaces. You can also use it to pick up pet hair from the upholstery.
The brush roll is easily accessible, and you can clean it by opening the device. Shark Rocket DeluxePro has a dirt cup and washable filters. The length of the power cord is 25 feet long.
- No loss of suction. To clean bare floors, area rugs, or with accessories-slide the power switch to setting l, bare floor, small area rugs. Tilt the handle back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will spin slowly in this mode. To clean carpets-slide the power switch to setting ll, High Pile Carpets. Tilt the handle back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will spin quickly in this mode
- Powerful 2 in 1 vacuum deep cleans your carpets and hardwood floors
- Perfect for quick pickups; Cord length: 25 feet
- Designed to clean everywhere with the included attachments; Rinse both with tap water until the water runs clean, then air dry completely and insert back into your vacuum
- Included attachments: Handheld vacuum, motorized floor nozzle, wand, duster crevice tool, pet multi tool
Best Cordless: Dyson V11 Torque Drive
It’s no secret that Dyson is a fan favorite amongst many which is why this vacuum is the best cordless stick vacuum for vinyl floors.
The Dyson V11 uses one of their most powerful cleaner heads which are made of nylon bristles and carbon fiber. The nylon is perfect for going deep into carpets while the carbon fiber can easily capture dust from hard floors.
I love the LCD screen which displays reports regarding the performance, cleaning mode, time remaining and so much more!
This cordless stick vacuum has three settings and the Dynamic Load Sensor (DLS) automatically changes the motor speed between carpets and hard floors.
While this is still a very light vacuum, the Dyson V11 has a powerful lithium battery which you can easily charge on the provided docking station.
- Dyson's most intelligent, powerful cordless vacuum. Twice the suction of any cordless vacuum.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
- Intelligently optimizes suction and run time across all floor types. The right balance of power and run time when you need it.
- Up to 60 minutes of run time. Engineered for larger homes with pets. Actual run time will vary based on power mode, floor type and/or attachments used.
- High torque cleaner head. Automatically adapts suction and power to deep clean different floor types without changing cleaner heads.
- Advanced whole-machine filtration. Advanced whole-machine filtration traps 99.99% of particles, dust and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- 5 Dyson engineered tools for versatile whole-home and car cleaning. Including the mini-motorized tool for removing pet hair from upholstery and tight spaces.
- Converts to a handheld for cleaning cars, stairs and upholstery
- Included: Torque drive head, mini-motorized tool, crevice tool, stubborn dirt brush, soft dusting brush, combination tool, wand storage clip, docking station, & charger
Best Multi-Use: Tineco A10 Hero Stick Vacuum
The Tineco A10 Hero is another great cordless stick vacuum.
The reason this is a great multi-use vacuum is because of all the attachments and configurations available.
Not only does this work as a standard stick vacuum but easily converts into a handheld vacuum to help easily clean furniture, stairs, cars and more!
When purchasing the Tineco A10, you will receive the tube, crevice tool, mini power brush, 2-in-1 dusting brush along with the main LED power brush head.
This stick vacuum is capable of running up 25 minutes – perfect for a single job.
- High performance 350W motor provides powerful suction for deep, thorough, multi-surface cleaning
- Lightweight, cordless design easily maneuvers through every room
- Long-lasting battery delivers up to 25 minutes of uninterrupted runtime
- Easily converts to a handheld vacuum with versatile attachments to reach corners, stairs and crevices
- A10 HERO model includes 3 Specialized Brushes: Multi-tasker, High-Torque Power Brush, Mini Brush, 2-in1 Dusting Brush, and features a Hair Cleaning Tool and Crevice Tool
Best Budget: Bissell Featherweight Bagless Vacuum
The Bissell Featherweight 2033 is capable of cleaning your entire house from vinyl floors to the ceiling to other hard-to-reach places. You can use this vacuum cleaner as a handheld vacuum as well as an upright vacuum.
This feature makes it easier to clean up the hidden spaces under beds and furniture. It comes with a soft brush, which you can use for delicate vinyl floors.
It also has an excellent foldable handle so that you can easily store it. Apart from cleaning vinyl floors, it also works on several other floor types. One of its unique features is its HEPA filters.
The tiny brush makes the emptying process of the dirt bin fast and easy. Bissell Featherweight 2033 is a silent device and makes no noise during the process of cleaning.
- Powerful, convenient, and easy to use
- Powerful suction makes it great for quick pick ups with multipurpose versatility
- Versatile cleaning three machines in one: A stick vacuum, handle vacuum, and stair vacuum
- With a crevice tool for furniture and a floor nozzle for stairs
- Clean hard floors and surface dirt on carpets and area rugs. Surface type: Counter tops, sealed hard floors, low pile carpet. Dirt cup capacity: 0.67 liter
Best Lightweight: Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
The Hoover BH50010 Linx vacuum cleaner comes with a cordless design and an affordable price tag. It is a perfect fit if you have vinyl flooring in your home.
This device has a fade-free rechargeable battery. The battery provides high suction power, which allows efficient cleaning of all the rooms. The model also has an indicator that shows the charging level.
It is lightweight and compact, making it portable and easy to handle.
One of the unique features of this vacuum cleaner is that it has WindTunnel technology, which helps in creating the cyclone effect to pick up fine dust particles from the vinyl floor with delicacy.
Also, it has a transparent dust canister for regular monitoring of the dirt level.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: At 10 pounds this vacuum cleaner is easy to clean effortlessly
- MULTI FLOOR CLEANING: Easily transition from carpet to hardwood floors
- WINDTUNNEL TECHNOLOGY: Creates channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt
- LOW PROFILE DESIGN: Lies flat to reach under hard-to-clean furniture
- FADE FREE LITHIUM ION BATTERY: Interchangeable batteries provide cordless free don to clean anywhere
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you vacuum vinyl plank flooring?
A specialized vacuum cleaner guarantees proper cleaning of vinyl floors and makes the process of cleaning less tedious.
They effectively remove dirt particles, allergens, bacteria, accidental liquid spills, and pet fur. It is 100% safe to clean these types of floors with the perfect vacuum cleaner!
What’s the best steam mop to clean vinyl floors
If you have vinyl floors and are interested in a steam mop, it’s important to note that using one may damage your floors if not used correctly.
Because vinyl floors are glued in, the steam may loosen it causing your floors to warp or come undone. But if your heart is set on a new steam mop you can still use one.
It’s extremely important that you intentionally monitor the levels of steam while cleaning. You can easily do this by purchasing a steam mop with multiple levels and using the lowest setting.
The Bissell PowerFresh Vac & Steam Mop is perfect for this. Not only will you be able to sanitize your floors but this can also vacuum your floor at the same time!
- Vacuum and steam your hard floors at the same time.
- Sanitize floors using the natural power of steam, eliminating 99. 9% of germs and bacteria.
- Easy Touch Digital Controls to switch between vacuum, steam or both.
- Powerful, cyclonic vacuum helps capture dirt and debris.
- Includes: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad and a detachable mop pad tray.