Wondering how does the Shark Steam Mop work? Do you own one or maybe want to purchase one but want to know how to use a shark steam cleaner first.
Well in this post we are going to cover the most frequently asked questions regarding the functions of a Shark Steam mop plus we cover what are the best options available.
In an effort to be transparent, this blog uses affiliates links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn commission on qualifying purchases. So heads up, there my be some in this post!
How does the Shark Steam Mop work?
Steam mopping is an effortless way to clean and sanitize your home with just water. With the power of steam, you can clean your floors, furniture, upholstery and more!
There is no need to add any solutions or chemicals.
All you have to do is fill the water tank with the recommended amount and once it is powered on, it should only take about 30 seconds to be ready.
How to use a Shark Steam Mop
The standard Shark Steam mop is simple and easy to use. Once the steam mop is assembled, you will need to attach the microfiber mop pad to begin mopping your floors. Fill the water tank, turn on and your steam mop should be ready in seconds!
You can clean your floors as you normally would. And most pads are machine washable so when you are all done, you can go ahead and throw them in your wash.
With more advanced steam cleaners, you can convert the mop into a handheld steamer, clothing steamer, and more with the tools included.
The Shark Genius also includes a Steam Blaster which allows you to burst a powerful steam onto stuck-on messes.
Which Shark Steam Cleaner is the Best?
- Best Shark Steam Cleaner: Shark Lift-Away Pro
- Best Budget: Shark Steam Mop
- Best for Hard Floors: Shark Steam Pocket
- Best Lightweight: Shark Genius Steam Pocket
Compare them all here or keep reading for individual reviews.
Best Shark Steam Cleaner: Shark Lift-Away Pro
The Shark Lift Away Pro is the best steam mop that Shark manufacturers. Unlike all the others, this one has the ability to transform into a handheld steamer.
The handheld steamer comes with a few attachments such as a hose, garment steamer and a triangle scrubber pad. This steam mop also has the Steam Blaster to tackle stuck on messes.
One of my favorite parts is the touch-free technology that release the microfiber pad.
- 2-in-1 steam pocket mop with Removable handheld steamer for above-floor cleaning
- Intelli-mop head with touch-free pad attach and release technology
- Steam blaster blasts stuck-on messes
- Dual-sided dirt grip pads
- 3 levels of Intelligent steam control to easily dust, mop and scrub. Machine wash Dirt Grip pads separately with warm water and liquid detergent. Avoid bleach and fabric softeners
- 3 feet. Above-Floor Accessory Hose
Best Budget: Shark Steam Mop
This Shark Steam Mop is the perfect budget option and also just a simple device. If you’re looking for a steamer that can effortlessly clean your floors without hassle then this one is it.
This steam mop works like a standard pad mop but with the power of steam can tackle grease and grime without the need to use chemicals.
It has a large water tank to hold you through the entire process. And is ready to steam within 30 seconds!
- Clean and sanitize with just water
- On demand steam ready within 30 seconds
- Remove grease and grime
- Easily fill and refill XL removable water tank
- Lightweight and compact easy to use and store
Best for Hard Floors: Shark Steam Pocket
The Shark Steam Pocket is a great and affordable option to clean most hard floors. According to the manufacturer, it can clean and sanitize hardwood, laminate, marble, tile and stone.
I love that it comes with a 2 Sided cleaning pad!
You don’t have to worry about getting your pad dirty after only doing half the job because you can just flip the pad and continue. Plus its powerful steam is ready in only 30 seconds.
The swivel steering mechanism will allow you to get under hard to reach places.
This steam mop removes dirt, grime and stuck on messes with its washable and reusable pad.
- Clean and sanitize with both sides
- Steam on demand. Your steam mop should be ready to use in 30 seconds. Pumping the handle 5-10 times will help generate the correct amount of steam to begin mopping
- 99.9% sanitization
- Sanitization with no harsh chemicals
- Swivel steering
- Voltage: 120 Volts
Best Lightweight: Shark Genius Steam Pocket
The Shark Genius Steam Mop has a light and slim design making the best lightweight Shark steam mop. It weighs under 6lbs and can be easily stored anywhere.
This small but powerful steamer has three settings to allow you to apply the perfect amount of steam across many situations. With the Steam Blaster, you can also quickly remove stuck on messes.
According to Shark, this is their smartest steam mop ever.
Their Direct Steam Channeling system distributes steam throughout the entire mop pad to ensure that wherever you pass this mop it will absorb and trap dirt!
The Shark genius also offers the touch-free mop pad release and of course is able to remove 99.9% of germs and bacteria with the power of steam.
- Water tank capacity: 220 milliliter 3 setting intelligent steam control
- Double sided dirt grip washable pads
- Genius head with direct steam channeling
- Steam blaster technology: Never use bleach, powdered detergent, or fabric softeners, as they may damage or leave a coating on the pads
- Touch free technology
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does the shark steam mop kill bacteria?
With the power of steam, you are able to tackle and remove up to 99.9% of household germs and bacteria. Steam allows you to clean and sanitize without the need of solution or harsh chemicals.
Be sure to note the difference between sanitizing and disinfecting which I go over in this post.
Does Shark Steam Mop need distilled water?
Shark does recommend distilled water but any type of water will work well for steam cleaning your floors.
The important thing to know is that you should never use bleach, detergent or any other type of solution.
Doing so can damage and leave a coating on the pads and nozzle.
Can you use vinegar in a Shark Steam mop?
Steam mops work with powerful steam that is created with the water in your tank. Adding other solutions can damage it.
Again, you should never use bleach, detergent or any other type of solution.
Doing so can damage and leave a coating on the pads and nozzle.
Does the Shark Steam mop really work?
Steam mops are a great cost effective way to clean and sanitize your floors. With the powerful steam, you can easily tackle all type of dirt, grime and stuck on messes. There is no need to use any type of solution or chemicals.
However, in my opinion Shark makes very basic steamers. For around the same cost, the most basic Bissell is better.
How do I get my Shark Steam Mop to work?
If you’re having troubles with your steam mop, the most important thing to check is if there is enough water in the tank. For best results, your steam mop tank needs to be full.
Once plugged in make sure you see lights on the control panel so that you may choose a setting.
If lights are blinking that means you need to select a setting. If they are solid you just need to wait until the steam mop has warmed up.
Why is the Shark Steam Mop not steaming?
If your steam mop isn’t producing any steam there are a couple things you can do to troubleshoot this issue. The most basic is to make sure your cord is securely plugged into an outlet.
Make sure to check the controls and see if there are any blinking lights. You may either need to put more water in your tank, select a steam setting or simply wait a little longer for it to heat up.
If this happened while steaming, again make sure your tank is full and that you have selected the right setting. For continuous steam you will need to choose the highest setting.
How do you use a Shark Lift steamer?
The Shark Life Away Pro has the ability to transform into a handheld option to be used for above floor cleaning.
To begin using this steamer you will need to assemble which is a simple three step process. You’ll just need to click the handle into the main body (screws may be required) then attach that part onto the mop head.
Lastly you’ll need to put the water tank. Before you actually begin mopping make sure to fill your tank all the way to the recommend amount.
Once it’s on you’ll need to turn it on, select a setting and wait about 30 seconds for it to begin heating up.
You can then use as you normally would mop. For above floor cleaning, you need to remove the handheld steamer (the water tank) by pressing the release button.
Place your desired accessory into the main nozzle and squeeze the steamer trigger to activate steam.
How does the Shark Steam Mop work?
I hope you found this post helpful and found either the perfect steam mop or have the confidence to operate the one you already own!
Todays post we covered the uses of a steam mop, how to operate one and the best options for a Shark Steam Mop. There are a lot of great options.
But I did mention that Bissell definitely makes better steam mops and they are worth looking into over Shark. The Bissell Power Steamer is my favorite.
It’s so versatile and can be used for just about anything. Feel free to leave any comments or questions below!
- Powerful, high-temperature steam to blast away dirt, grime, grease, stains, and mold across a wide variety of indoor and outdoor surfaces. For use in garage and workshop areas; Interior and exterior of auto's, boats, ATV's, and recreational vehicles; windows; outdoor patio furniture and decks; And all sealed hard floor surfaces.
- 3-in-1 heavy-duty multi-purpose steam cleaner. The upright steam cleaner transforms into both an extended reach steam cleaner and a handheld steam cleaner.
- Chemical-free cleaning. Sanitize with the power of steam, eliminate 99. 9% of germs and bacteria.
- Variable steam modes and on-demand trigger allows you to control the intensity and amount of steam being released
- Convenient storage with wall mount for easy and convenient storage.
- On-board accessory storage carries accessories with you as you clean.
- Includes 29 accessories to tacking indoor and outdoor tough messes that can be used on both the extended reach steam cleaner and the handheld steam cleaner.