Having the best vacuum cleaner for all floor types is such a game changer and eliminates the need to have several tools. Multi-surface vacuums can clean all floor types; their unique design enables them to handle hard surfaces comfortably.
Ordinary vacuums often leave streaks or simply don't clean - leaving you to feel like the job is undone.
Let's uncover the best vacuum for multi surfaces.
In an effort to be transparent, this blog uses affiliates links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn commission on qualifying purchases. So heads up, there may be some in this post!
My #1 Pick: The Shark Vertex Cordless Stick Vacuum
Your floors can't wait for this!
Check out the Shark Vertex Cordless for yourself on Amazon.
What is the Best Multi Floor Vacuum Cleaner?
- Best Runner Up: Bissell Crosswave All in One
- Best Stick: Dyson V7 MotorHead Stick Vacuum
- Best Budget: Hoover Linx Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Upright: Shark Navigator Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Bagless: Hoover WindTunnel Bagless Vacuum
- Best Canister: Bissell Zing Canister Vacuum
Compare them all here or keep reading for individual reviews.
Best Runner Up: Bissell Crosswave All in One
The beauty of this vacuum is in the name! The Bissell Crosswave is truly in all in one with it’s wet/dry features.
It has the ability to vacuum and wash at the same time. Plus is safe to use on tile, sealed wood, laminate, linoleum, rubber floor mats, pressed wood floors, area rugs and more!
The Crosswave uses a Two Tank Technology so that it keeps the clean water and dirty water separate. It has a Dual Action Brush Roll to scrub your floors better than a traditional mop and of our four can pick up small debris.
This is by far one of the most impressive vacuums I’ve reviewed making it one of the best all round vacuum cleaner.
- Vacuums And washes your floors at the same time; surface type: bare floors
- Multi Surface Machine Cleans Both Sealed Hard Floors And Area Rugs. Power Rating 4.4 Amperes
- Dual Action Multi Surface Brush Roll Uses An Innovative Microfiber And Nylon Brush To Mop And Pick Up Dry Debris At The Same Time
- Two Tank System Keeps Cleaning Solution And Dirty Water Separate To Ensure That You'Re Always Cleaning With A Fresh Mix Of Water And Formula
- Smart Touch Controls On The Handle Allow You To Easily Switch Between Cleaning Hard Floors And Area Rugs And Control Your Solution With An On Demand Solution Trigger
- capacity: 0.4
- power source type: Corded Electric
Best Lightweight: Shark Rocket DuoClean
Although this vacuum is Ultralight, it is capable of deep cleaning carpets, tackle large debris and even remove stuck on dust.
The Dual Brushroll allows this vacuum to clean more efficiently on carpets and floors.
The design of the Shark Rocket is perfect for small apartments or spaces because it’s easy to store but packs strong suction power.
- Duoclean technology: Dual brushroll system deep cleans carpets and directly engages floors for a polished look.
- Ultra lightweight it converts into a 4.5 pounds handheld vacuum for versatile above floor cleaning.
- Brushroll garage for easy access to the brushroll for maintenance.
- Pet multi tool; Designed to capture embedded pet hair on all surfaces
- Led lights on the floor nozzle and handheld vacuum to help spot hidden debris throughout your home
Best Stick Vacuum: Dyson V7 Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson V7 stick vacuum is an all around multi-surface cleaner.
It is very efficient when it comes to removing small dirt and debris from all floor types. This machine even picks up pet hair effortlessly. You can move this lightweight vacuum cleaner with its convenient handle.
Dyson V7 stick vacuum is powered by a Dyson V7 motor, which pulls the embedded dirt, debris, and fine dust from hard floors, carpets, and other surfaces. It comes with a direct-drive cleaner head that helps in providing 6 minutes of fade-free power when you turn on the max mode.
- Cord free; Hassle free; Powerful suction
- Up to 30 minute's run time when using a non-motorized tool. Detachable battery: Non-detachable
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning; Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head; Up to 6 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode); Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V7 and engineered to pick up ground in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets
- 75 percent more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 cordless vacuum
- Hygienic bin emptying: No need to touch the dirt. Bin volume 0.14 gallons
- Quickly transforms to a handheld vacuum, to clean all around your home and car
Best Budget: Hoover Linx Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Hoover Linx BH50020PC is a stick vacuum cleaner having a specific design to work on all floor types. It’s WindTunnel Technology that helps in creating a better suction force to suck up all the embedded dirt and debris from the surfaces. It is lightweight and easy to carry.
The swivel head of this vacuum cleaner assists in the natural cleaning of the corners. It has a brush to clean hard-to-reach places. Other outstanding features of this vacuum cleaner include a fade-free Lithium-ion Battery, reclined handle, and removable battery.
- NEW ITEM AVAILABLE: Linx product line will be discontinued from the Manufacturer. Please visit the Hoover ONEPWR Evolve Pet (BH53420PC) page for the new version
- LIGHTWEIGHT: At 10 pounds this vacuum cleaner is easy to clean effortlessly
- MULTI FLOOR CLEANING: Easily transition from carpet to hardwood floors
- FADE FREE LITHIUM ION BATTERY: Interchangeable batteries provide cordless free don to clean anywhere
Best Upright Vacuum Cleaner: Shark Navigator Vacuum Cleaner
The Shark Navigator NV56E is an innovative choice having a high suction to clean multiple surfaces. It has a switch button, which allows you to control the speed of the brush.
This device has a HEPA filtration system and patented Anti-allergen Complete Seal Technology. It prevents the contaminants from coming back into the air while cleaning.
Shark Navigator NV56E is best-suited for people who allergies. Its design is comforting and convenient. The cord length is 30 feet long, which can cover a large area of your home.
Being an upright vacuum cleaner, this model is surprisingly lightweight and also features swivel steering for easy maneuverability.
- Dust cup capacity 2.2 quarts; Lift away; Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology plus a HEPA filter; Traps 99.9 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Powerful and lightweight; Portable and versatile at 13.7 pounds
- Brush roll shutoff; Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning
- Hard floor hero attachment not included
Best Bagless: Hoover WindTunnel Vacuum
The Hoover WindTunnel UH72630PC has a powerful 1440W motor. This motor works with the cyclonic air system and provides excellent suction.
This bagless device is useful for people who have pet animals in their homes. The quick pass features of its brush roll allow cleaning the surface in a single pass.
Three channels of suction are available for picking up dust and dirt. That’s why Hoover WindTunnel is best known for deep cleaning on all surface types.
The height of the brush roll is easily adjustable to multi-surfaces.
- Our Best Cleaning Bagless Upright
- QuickPass Brush roll – 2X Faster Cleaning - Clean surface debris without having to pass over the same area multiple times.
- Exclusive WindTunnel 3 Technology - Creates 3 channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deep down embedded dirt.
- Brush roll On/Off Switch - Turn on/off brush roll for optimal cleaning on carpets and hard floors.
- Illuminating Headlight - Spot hard to see debris and dust in dim lighted areas for a better clean.
- Multi-Cyclonic Technology Ensures a consistent cleaning experience with No Loss of Suction
Best Canister: Bissell Zing Canister Vacuum
If you are looking for a great canister vacuum with an easy to empty dirt cup then look no further.
The Bissell Zing is easy to use, lightweight and of course is great for multi-surface cleaning.
The design of the dirt cup allows for mess free emptying by the push of a button. And is easy to put away with its Automatic Cord Rewind which you can conveniently press with you foot.
The canister is lightweight and has a handle for you to carry between each room of your home.
- Dirt cup capacity 2 liters; Cyclonic action and powerful suction provide thorough cleaning; Plus, no more bags to buy or change ever
- Easily go from cleaning carpets to hard floors with the flip of a switch. Power rating : 9 ampere
- Dirt cup filters and post motor filter help capture more fine dust and particles. Filters are washable and reusable
- 15 feet of cord for great cleaning reach and retracts with the touch of a button for easy storage
- Weighs less than eight pounds. Easy to maneuver with the integrated carrying handle