Cleaning bathroom floors is not the most glamorous job but its something that we can’t avoid. Having a great bathroom mop can help make your task easier.
A specific bathroom floor mop is absolutely essential so why not have the best mop you can get for your bathroom floors. Find the best one for you in this post!
In an effort to be transparent, this blog uses affiliates links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn commission on qualifying purchases. So heads up, there may be some in this post!
My #1 Pick: The Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop
Your floors can't wait for this!
Check out the Bissell PowerFresh on Amazon.
What’s the best tool for cleaning bathrooms floors?
The best mop for bathroom floors is a mop that is fairly lightweight, easy to maintain, and has a no-fuss design. Products that don’t require a large number of extra attachments or storage space while not breaking your budget should be at the top of the list.
We have researched and chosen the best mops in five different categories to help with your purchase decision.
Best Mop for Bathroom Floors
- Best Runner Up: O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop Bucket
- Best Multi-Use: O-Cedar ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop
- Best for Tile: Bona Tile, Stone, and Laminate Floor Premium Spray Mop
- Best Robot: iRobot Braava Jet 240
- Best Mop Alternative: Bissell 2554A CrossWave Cordless Max
Compare all on Amazon here or read below for individual details.
Best Runner Up: O-Cedar EasyWring
O-Cedar makes the shortlist of best mops for bathroom floors because their mops have many, if not all, of the qualities mentioned above.
Our choice for the best overall mop for bathrooms is the O-Cedar Easywring Microfiber Spin Mop Bucket Floor Cleaning System. There are a few reasons why we love this mopping system and we think you will love it too.
This mop is closer to a traditional mop in that it does not require power cords and is easy to set up. It is extremely budget-friendly and will hold up to daily use.
Because of the style and size of the mop you can easily get into all nooks and crannies (even the back of the toilet).
A little pro tip would be to purchase extra mop heads to use. The mop heads are machine washable so once you have them you don’t need to continue buying more. This cuts down on cost and waste.
We also love this option because it is safe for all flooring types.
With the mop bucket you can decide yourself how much water your floors can handle.
- HANDS-FREE WRINGING: Our exclusive mop bucket design features a built-in wringer that allows for hands-free wringing while Splash Guard keeps water splash and spray inside the bucket when wringing or when transporting the bucket from room to room
- MACHINE WASHABLE: The EasyWring Microfiber Mop Head is machine-washable and reusable! We recommend replacing the mop head refill every 3 months for optimal floor cleaning results
- DEEP CLEANING MICROFIBER: O-Cedar's EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop & Bucket Floor Cleaning System uses millions of strands of advanced microfiber to effectively capture dirt and grime with just plain water, eliminating the need for harsh chemicals. Safe for all hard flooring, including finished hardwood, wood, laminate, tile, vinyl and more.
- REACHES IN CORNERS: Due to the patented triangle mop-head and ability to rotate 360 degrees, the EasyWring Mop can reach and clean deep into corners, under furniture, alongside baseboards, and between tile.
- 1 REFILL = 3 MONTHS OF CLEANING: This offer includes 1 EasyWring Refill, and each EasyWring Microfiber Refill lasts up to 3 months! Save time and money with longer-lasting mop head replacements
- HANDLE EXTENDS FULLY TO 48 INCHES: With a telescopic handle that extends up to 48 inches, anyone can mop comfortably without bending over
- CLEAN BETTER WITH A MICROFIBER MOP: Our streak-free microfiber mops easily attracts and locks in dirt, dust, pet hair, grime, dried-on or sticky messes better than a traditional cotton wet mop. It can be used wet or dry for mopping or dusting
Best Multi-Use Mop: O-Cedar ProMist MAX
O-Cedar makes the list again for the best multi-use mop for bathroom floors.
The O-Cedar Promist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop makes our list for a few reasons. But the top reason is the fact that it is so versatile.
Because it has a dual-sided microfiber mopping pad, it makes it easy for you to tackle two messes at once.
You can actually clean multiple bathroom floors without changing mop heads because you can just flip the cleaning cloth and go. Then once you’re done mopping you can toss the mop pads into the washing machine.
You can buy extra pads if you want to use this outside of the bathroom without sharing the pads (this is what I do and it’s great).
It’s extremely lightweight and small in size so you can store it pretty much anywhere.
The Promist Max is best for cleaning pre-finished hardwood floors and ceramic tiles. But because of the reservoir it comes with you can pretty much put ant cleaning solution in there.
- Super-absorbent microfiber effectively cleans with just water
- DUAL-SIDED MOP HEAD - The large, dual-sided microfiber mop head flips allowing you to clean floors fast without having to change the mop pad.
- REFILLABLE BOTTLE - Just fill bottle with water and add 2 small teaspoons of your favorite cleaning solution and you are ready to shine your floors.
- POWER OF MICROFIBER - The ProMist MAX Spray Mop uses the magic of thousands of microfibers to absorb the smallest dirt and dust particles. When switching between cleaners or preparing for storage, fill bottle with water and spray 5 times, discard remaining water
- USE WET OR DRY - Versatile microfiber pad allows you to use wet for a deeper clean to shine your floors or use dry for dusting your floors.
- ONE-TOUCH BOTTLE RELEASE - The innovative one-touch release allows you to remove the spray bottle quickly and easily. For best results, change refill every 3-6 months
- REUSABLE MOP PAD - Save money by washing your microfiber pad for repeat use. Pad is machine washable up to 100 times.
- NO BATTERIES - ProMist MAX allows you to easily control the amount of spray with our comfort grip handle and trigger without the need for costly batteries.
Best Mop for Tile Floors: Bona Tile Spray Mop
Tile is beautiful but sometimes cleaning it isn’t the easiest because streaking can make it look like you haven’t cleaned at all. But with the Bona Tile, Stone, and Laminate Floor Premium Spray Mop this is not an issue.
With a solution and pads that are specially formulated for tile cleaning is easier than ever.
The pads are machine washable so while you can buy extra pads, it isn’t necessary at first. You will have to buy more solution as you run out or if use your preferred solution.
- Formulated for linoleum, stone, terrazzo, vinyl, sealed porous marble, laminate, LVT, and no-wax sealed tile (ceramic, Mexican Saltillo, quarry)
- Extra-large mop head cleans 40% faster than the leading competitor
- Comes with full-size 34oz ready-to-use Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Floor Cleaner
- Easily refillable cartridge and machine washable microfiber cleaning pad included
- Durable and lightweight design with secondary grip, flexible rubber corners, and a retractable hook for easy storage
Best Robot Mop Vacuum: iRobot Braava Jet 240
Being able to clean your bathroom floors without actually doing much is a dream right? The dream can be a reality with the ROBOT that made our best mops for the bathroom floors list.
The iRobot Braava Jet 240 is the best robot for bathrooms because it is small and compact to be able to get those tough to reach spaces around the toilet.
This system has the option to use either single-use cleaning pads which is more sanitary but can be costly in the long run. There is a reusable pad option as well that will save money and waste.
The iRobot Braava Jet 240 also has a sweeping function which moms will love because it cuts out a step. The Braava will auto detect whether its going to sweep or mop based on the pads you attach to it.
It is ideal for hardwood, tile, and stone floors because it can wet mop, damp mop, and dry sweep.
- Superior robot mop with precision jet spray and vibrating cleaning head helps tackles dirt and stains
- Gets into hard to reach places, including under and around toilets, into corners, and below cabinets, using an efficient, systematic cleaning pattern; Navigates under and around objects and furniture
- Automatically selects the correct cleaning mode based on the braava jet pad type; choose from wet mopping, damp mopping and dry sweeping; For long lasting scent, add braava jet hard floor cleaning solution
- Mops and sweeps finished hard floors including hardwood, tile, and stone; Ideal for kitchens and bathrooms
- Maximized edge design gets into corners and along edges; Cleans under furniture and in other hard to reach places
- With the easy pad eject button, you'll never touch grime or grit on the cleaning pad
- Create an invisible boundary with the built in virtual wall mode to keep braava jet in rooms without a door, such as kitchens and entryways
- Box content: 1 braava jet 240 robot mop, 1 rechargeable lithium ion battery, 1 battery charger, 2 wet mopping pads, 2 damp sweeping pads, 2 dry sweeping pads
- IRobot does not certify the quality or authenticity of products purchased from non authorized resellers on amazon, and will not cover claims, provide service or offer replacements for products purchased from these sellers
Best Electronic Mop: Bissell Crosswave
If you don’t want to break your back or have a large home then maybe standard mops aren’t for you.
Our best option for these circumstances comes in the form of Bissell 2554A CrossWave Cordless Max.
This wet-dry vacuum can do more than just your bathroom floors but its lightweight compact design makes it ideal for tight spaces associated with the bathroom.
The Bissell is safe for most floor types and can keep area rugs looking nice as well.
This does not require pads and is actually self-washing which is a major benefit. Once the mop is fully charged you have 30 minutes of cleaning time.
If you’re not convinced that the Crosswave is for you, no worries we have a whole other post about ditching your standard mop.
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell pet foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Vacuum and wash your floors at the same time with cordless freedom.
- Up to 30 minutes of cordless cleaning power with a 36V lithium ion battery.
- Improved edge cleaning to easily pick-up pet hair that gathers along baseboards and in corners of your home.
- Multi-surface cleaning means it's safe for use on tile, sealed wood floors, rugs, laminate, linoleum, rubber floor mats, pressed wood floors, and more. It even refreshes area rugs
- Self-cleaning cycle helps maintain machine's cleaning performance. Cleaning path width: 10.5 inch
- Two-tank technology keeps clean water and formula separate from dirty water and dry debris.
- Wi-Fi connected capabilities and the Bissell connect app provide helpful alerts, maintenance tracking and usage tips.
- Enabled with dash replenishment to make brush, filter, and crosswave formula ordering easy and automatic
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best bathroom floor cleaner?
That really depends on the type of flooring you have.
For different floors, there are certain products that will clean better as well as take care of the material.
You typically want to be extra careful with hardwood floors because added moisture will seep into the floor and damage the glue. Meaning, you’ll end up with loose floor boards.
Majority of other floors are less high maintenance and can use almost any cleaning solution.
How often should I clean my bathroom?
Ideally you should clean your bathroom once a week.
Giving it a good scrub down at least that often will keep the germs and bacteria at bay. Some people that have larger families may clean the bathroom more often while others with smaller families may go a week and a half between cleanings.
Though those are typical tips for cleaning your bathroom, I actually try to clean my bathroom almost daily. In this post I share my 2 Hour Daily Cleaning Schedule. I spend two hours daily cleaning my entire house from beginning to end.
Where do you dump dirty mop water?
The best place to dump your dirty mop water is down the toilet. A shower drain is also an acceptable place but the toilet is the least likely to clog and since the bathtub is likely used daily to bathe your children it is not the best choice.
Dumping dirty water in a toilet is usually not a big deal because toilets are meant for flushing down some of the nastiest things.