Are you searching for the best inexpensive steam mop? A budget shouldn’t interfere with getting a good quality steamer.
Which is why we researched and found the top steam mops on Amazon that can fit any size budget. Below this post, you will also find some of the most frequently asked question when buying a steam mop.
In an effort to be transparent, this blog uses affiliates links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn commission on qualifying purchases. So heads up, there may be some in this post!
What is the best steam mop to buy?
Like most things, all steam mops are not created equally. More importantly, not all people have the same purpose for one.
The best steam mop you can find is the one that actually fits your needs. However, the most basic features to look for are things like size, settings/adjustments available, accessories included and tank capacity.
Below you will find the 7 best cheap steam mops available sure to fit a range of needs.
What’s the Best Affordable Steam Mop?
- Best Overall: Bissell Power Fresh Steam Mop
- Best Heavy Duty (Under $200): Bissell PowerFresh Slim
- Best for Tile and Grout: PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner
- Best for Hardwood Floors: Light N Easy Ultra-Light Steam Mop
- Best for Pets: Hoover Complete Pet Steam Mop
- Best Cordless Alternative: Shark VacMop Cordless Pro
- Best Carpet Alternative: Bissell Turbo Clean PowerBrush
Compare them all here or keep reading for individual reviews.
Best Overall: Bissell Power Fresh Steam Mop
If you’re looking for a no nonsense, standard steam mop AND under $100 then the Bissell PowerFresh is perfect for you.
The Bissell PowerFresh is not only our choice but is also Amazon’s #1 Best Selling Steam Mop. This steamer is perfect for cleaning across multiple surfaces including hardwood and ceramic.
This comes with three levels of steam and an Easy Scrubber to help remove tough stains.
One of my favorite things about this Bissell is its ability to add fragrance discs or their demineralized scented water. You can not only sanitize your floors but also freshen up the entire room.
The Deluxe version comes with two mop pads; a microfiber pad and scrubbing pad. Plus it has a detachable SpotBoost.
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
Best Heavy Duty (Under $200): Bissell PowerFresh Slim
The Bissell PowerFresh Slim is the perfect multi-purpose option. Though for some this may not be considered “budget” friendly, I believe this will pay for itself in the long run.
This 3-in-1 steam mop can be turned from a standard steam mop to an extendable steamer and handheld steamer.
Buying this steam mop system will eliminate the need to make a future purchase. You will easily be able to clean all areas of your home with this steamer.
The steam mop is safe on floors such as hardwood, ceramic, linoleum, granite and marble. Plus you will be provided with two mop pads; a microfiber pad and a scrubbing pad.
The Bissell PowerFresh comes with 9 accessories to clean multiple surfaces in your kitchen and bathroom.
A few attachments include the grout tool, bristle scrub brush and the fabric steamer tool.
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Powerful handheld steam cleaner and steam mop in one
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; eliminate 99. 9 percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam
- Superior clean above floors with the extension tube and extra-long 25 ft power cord to reach those difficult areas in your home
- On board storage kit allows you to carry tools while you steam clean - grout tool, angle tool, flat scrapper tool, bristle scrub brush
- Bonus tools: Flat surface tool with mop pad, clothing steamer tool, bristle scrub brush for above floor multi surface cleaning. All tools can be attached to end of handheld steamer or extension tube
Best for Tile and Grout: PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner
The PurSteam Steam Mop is an alternative for the more expensive Bissell above. This steamer is also a multi-purpose tool for about half the price.
I love that this steam mop has a triangle shaped mop pad. This helps to reach between corners and edges of your floors.
This steamer is safe on most surfaces such as hardwood, linoleum, tiles and marble.
The steam mop can be transformed into a handheld steam cleaner and with the extension rod can be used for so much more! A few accessories you can use are multiple brushes and a powerful nozzle.
Refresh your carpets, curtains and furniture with the handheld steamer.
Best for Hardwood Floors: Light N Easy Ultra-Light Steam Mop
This ultra lightweight steam mop is tough but gentle on your hardwood floors.
Steam can be known to damage some hardwood floors but with this gentle steamer you can be confident in using this one. Though this steam mop has the ability to reach 212 degrees, the steam is not excessive.
You can even refresh carpets when used with their glider (sold separately). You can use this all many floor types like hardwood, tile, grout, laminate, vinyl, ceramic and more.
You can easily store this anywhere and with only weighing 3.5lbs you can steam away all over your house without breaking your back!
- Make your housework never been so easy before with our ultra lightweight steam mop. Easy to lift up and clean from room to room effortlessly.（Net weight: 3.5 pound without water）
- The 212-degree F heat effectively eliminates dirt and sticky messes, with upgraded steam jet for pad’s overall absorption and steam permeation. Only needs tap water, safe for children, pets and yoga lovers.
- Manual pump for superior control over the release of steam. Dry quickly without any streak, protecting delicate floor finishes.
- 20ft long power cord and 220ml large tank ensures coverage in small rooms for all kinds of sealed surfaces including hardwood floor, tiles, grout, laminate, vinyl and carpet.
- if have any question,please contact us.
Best for Pets: Hoover Complete Pet Steam Mop
While we may love our pets, they may be known for the harsh stains they bring into the home. That’s why this steam mop is perfect.
The Hoover Complete Pet Steam Mop is an affordable and versatile tool that will help remove tough stains!
This steam mop comes with 10 tools and can be used as a handheld steamer as well. You can not only clean multiple floor types but this steamer helps deodorize your home.
The fabric steamer can be used to clean fabric pet beds.
While the scrubbers can be used to blast away stuck food debris, pet accidents and stains.
- 10-IN-1 CLEANER: Equipped with 10 multi purpose tools for a whole home clean
- REMOVABLE HANDHELD STEAMER: Clean further to tackle hard-to-reach areas such as appliances, upholstery and windows
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Cleans and deodorizes pet messes for a fresh smelling home
- EASY CLEAN UP: Comes with two washable scrubbing pads for a quick and efficient clean up
- SAFE ON SEALED FLOORS: Steams tile and grout, hard wood, carpet and other sealed hard floors with ease
Best Cordless Alternative: Shark VacMop Cordless Pro
Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find any cordless steam mops. Most require the constant electrical output to be able to continuously create steam.
However, the Shark VacMop is good and affordable alternative.
The Shark VacMop Cordless Pro works like a spray mop but has suction power to lift dirt and debris. Unlike most spray mops that just push away debris, this VacMop works like a vacuum.
It locks up the dirt into a chamber that you can just toss once you finished. The mop will absorb messes and you can easily dispose of the pod without even touching it.
This a great option if you need something cordless that can thoroughly clean your floors on a budget.
- Powerful suction spray mopping—A complete clean all in one pad
- Disposable Vacmop Pad vacuums up what other pads, push around
- Powerful vacuum suction pulls in dirt and debris to be locked away directly in the disposable VACMOP Pad
- Spray mopping with multi-surface hard floor cleaner to clean stuck-on grime, providing shiny clean floors
- No-touch disposal—Never touch a dirty pad again
- No filter or maintenance necessary. Just replace the pad with Shark Mop Pad Refills
- Compatible refill options for the Shark VacMop include: 10 count of pad refills (VMP10), 30 count of pad refills (VMP30), multi-surface cleaner refill in spring clean scent (VCM60), and hardwood cleaner refill in citrus clean scent (VCW60).
Best Carpet Alternative: Bissell Turbo Clean PowerBrush
If you’re looking to give your carpet a clean then a steam mop is just not enough. While a steamer can definitely sanitize and refresh it, it can’t actually give it a deep clean.
The Bissell TurboClean is budget friendly carpet cleaner/shampooer.
Their DirtLifter technology is great at scrubbing and lifting stains that are deeply penetrated into your carpet. It even has bristles on the edge of the machine to clean baseboards.
Plus with the Bissell Oxy Formula you can not only clean stains but remove tough odors.
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell pet foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Clean powerfully. Remove tough stains and pet messes.
- Remove embedded dirt. Four-row dirt lifter power brush and powerful suction.
- Quickly cleans spots and stains. Powerful Bissell Oxy formula cleans stains like cola and urine.
- Lightweight & easy-to-use. Weighs just 12 pounds and has a retractable handle for easy storage. Power Source: Corded, Power Rating: 3.4 amps
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Bissell or Shark steam mop better?
Bissell and Shark are both great floor care companies. However, in my opinion Bissell outshines Shark when it comes to steam cleaners.
While Shark’s products are definitely high quality, they are definitely basic and don’t offer much in comparison to Bissell.
For practically the same price you can get a multi-functional steam mop from Bissell while the Shark steam mop is just that. Even the most “advanced” steam mop can only be used as a handheld and doesn’t offer many attachments.
Is it okay to put vinegar in a steam mop?
No, it’s not okay to put any formula or detergents in your steam mop that aren’t made for steam mops.
Never put bleach, detergents, powder soap or anything else that is not approved by the manufacturer. Water is best for the longevity of your machine.
If you would like to add something to your steam mop, Bissell create Demineralized Scented Water.
Can I use tap water in my steam mop?
While technically yes you can use tap water in your steam mop, most manufacturers recommend distilled water.
The minerals in tap water are harsh and can damage the inside of your machine.
Is steaming floors better than mopping?
In my opinion, when it comes to mopping its all about preference. However, unlike standard mopping steam mopping is known for sanitizing and eliminating 99% of germs and bacteria.
Many steam mops claim to even be able to remove mold, grime and grease which is not possible with a standard mop.
To learn more about different mops check out this post about ditching your standard mop.
What’s the best economical steam mop?
The editors choice for the Best Inexpensive Steam Mop is the Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop.
As mentioned above it’s the #1 Best Seller in all steam mops sold in Amazon. It is small and powerful; sure to fit any size budget!
Please let us know in the comments below if you found this post helpful. As always feel free to leave any questions as well. See more information below on the Bissell PowerFresh or review all budget steam mops here.