Wondering what’s the best handheld steam cleaner? In this post we help you find the best one for you!
These small but powerful devices can help you tackle some of the biggest messes in your home. Let’s uncover why that’s true and the best handheld steamers you can find today.
In an effort to be transparent, this blog uses affiliates links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn commission on qualifying purchases. So heads up, there may be some in this post!
Are handheld Steam Cleaners any good?
If you want an environment friendly way to clean your house, then steam cleaning is a perfect fit for you.
Steam cleaners rely on heat and sanitize surfaces without using chemicals or detergents. They are easy to store. You can keep them in small spaces such as under the sink or cabinets.
Upright vacuums are sometimes bulky for small cleaning tasks.
Steam mops are suitable for cleaning kitchen counters, bathrooms, and other hard-to-reach spots. The biggest reason why you should buy handheld steam cleaners is that they come with versatile attachments.
These include brushes, squeegees, clothing steamer, and more for making cleaning tasks easier.
Which is the Best Handheld Steam Cleaner?
- Best Overall: PurSteam Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner
- Best for Cleaning Grout: Bissell Steam Shot
- Best Budget: Comforday Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
- Best Canister Style: McCulloch Heavy-Duty Steamer
Compare them all here or keep reading for individual reviews.
Best Overall: PurSteam Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner
The PurSteam Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner is a high end multi-purpose steamer.
This item is number one because of the 16K+ reviews on Amazon and because of its multi-purpose use. The PurSteam comes with a 9 piece set of accessories.
These attachments will help you tackle messes across multiple surfaces such as ceramic, tile, granite, laminate tiles and waterproof wood floors.
The powerful steam eliminates grease, grime, mold, stains and even bed bugs.
You can clean all areas of your house including your living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. According to the manufacturer you can even clean carpet with this.
The PurSteam Steam Cleaner is lightweight, fast and effective.
- 100% ALL-NATURAL STEAM CLEANING: Hot pressurized steam eliminates grease, grime, mold, stains, and bed bugs without harsh chemicals.
- EASY HANDHELD USE: Lightweight and portable unit comes with a long 9.8-foot cord for convenient indoor and outdoor use.
- SAFE, MULTI-PURPOSE CLEANING: Safe to use on a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, granite, waterproof wood flooring, laminate tiles, most cotton and wool carpets, and washable wallpaper.
- FAST-HEATING: Heats quickly with a 3 to 4-minute warm-up time.
- 9-PIECE ACCESSORY SET: Deep clean the hard-to-reach areas of your home using the heavy-duty attachments for more targeted cleaning. Extension hose for different attachments.
Best Handheld Steamer for Cleaning Grout: Bissell Steam Shot
The Bissell Steam Shot Deluxe is the perfect hard surface cleaner especially for those will tile.
This easy to use handheld steamer, heats up in about 30 seconds. It’s so easy to begin cleaning just about in any hard surface of your home.
Whether it be in your shower or kitchen floors, this steamer can remove sticky spots on surfaces such as ceramic, vinyl, laminate, granite, marble and sealed hard wood.
With the included attachments, you can conveniently reach and scrub those problem areas such as the grout between your tile.
Aside from the grout brush, some accessories include an extension hose, flat scraping tool, and fabric steamer just to name a few.
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Powerful High-Pressure Steam Cleaner With Easy-To-Press Trigger
- Completely Chemical-Free With No Harmful Fumes Or Residue
- 1000-Watt Power Rating, Power Cord Length Is 20 Feet
- Includes Accessory Nozzle, Extension Hose, Flat Scraping Tool, Grout Brush, Fabric Steamer, Window Squeegee, Angle Concentrator, And Detail Brush
- Tank Capacity: 6. 6 Ounce. Heater Warm-Up Time: 30 Seconds. Ships In Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
Best Budget: Comforday Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
The Comforday Multi-Purpose Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner is an up and coming brand on Amazon. With 1.2K reviews, this seems like a great budget option.
It is not only capable of cleaning several surfaces but comes with 9 accessories.
A few surfaces include laminate, hardwood, fabric, upholstery, ceramic, linoleum, glass, marble and granite.
One of the best features I read from the reviews is the ability to lock the steam trigger. This ensure safety while using and can stop you from accidentally spraying something or someone.
Overall, this is a great option to clean surfaces, carpet, grout and even steam your clothing.
- ★Nine free accessories to adapt cleaner to every situation: Stairs, carpet, clothing, car interior and rims, etc. Gets into hard to reach areas.
- ★Multi-surface use: Works on every surface including laminate, hardwood, fabric, upholstery, ceramic, linoleum, glass, marble and granite.
- ★Chemical free and safe: The Comforday steamer is safe. It is completely chemical free and it is secured with a safety lock and safety cap.
- ★Powerful hot steam: Heat and pressure gets the job done faster. QUICKSTEAMTM technology offers 1050W of power; providing pressurized powerful hot steam (250-270F) for up to 15-20 minutes.
- ★Cuts through dirt: Tackle the biggest messes such as grout, grease and stains easily and quickly.
Best Canister Style: McCulloch Heavy-Duty Steamer
The McCulloch Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner is a large tank pressurized steamer. While it is not technically a handheld, I felt this one too powerful not to mention.
This tank on wheels, comes with 18 accessories including a floor mop, several brushes, scrubs, squeegees and more!
Using its hot and powerful steam you can eliminate grease, grime, strains and mold from many surfaces such as ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, and laminate.
This steamer does take a little longer to heat up (about 8 mins) but that is because of the larger tank. This also means it will last longer without the need to refill the water.
According to the manufacturer, you can use the continuous steam for about 45 minutes!
Unlike the other reviewed products today, this does have the option to use a mop to thoroughly clean your floors.
It also has a carrying handle to take between rooms or check out their smaller handheld version.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Backed by a 2-year hassle-free warranty and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING - Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK - The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam with optional lockable steam trigger for continuous steam cleaning
- 18 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES - Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, scrub pad, squeegee, and more
- SUPERIOR REACH - An extra-long 15. 7-foot power cord and over 9-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places
- Built to meet U.S. voltage requirements. Certified, safety-tested, and warrantied for use only in the U.S
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use vinegar and water in a steam cleaner?
Most manufacturer recommend not using anything other than water. The beauty of using a steam cleaner is that there is no need to use any chemicals, solutions or detergents.
For optimal care, use distilled water. If you really want something extra then Bissell does offer scented distilled water which is totally safe to use.
What’s the Best Handheld Steam Cleaner?
In this post we uncovered the top handheld steam cleaners on Amazon. I revealed the best to be the PurSteam Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner.
Handheld steamers definitely have their benefits like being lightweight and easy to store. However, I still recommend checking out a standard steam mop.
Many come with a handheld option plus you can mop your floors and so much more!