Updated On — 1st Nov, 2020
Cleaning floors can sometimes be difficult and time-consuming. It can demand a lot of work that most people consider too hectic. Vacuums will get rid of trash and possibly dirt, but they do not clean, you will have to mop to do that. Mops, on the other hand, can hardly get rid of large trash. First, you have to vacuum before you mop.
In an effort to be transparent, this blog uses affiliates links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn commission on qualifying purchases. So heads up, there may be some in this post!
Cleaning your home is essential if you want to stay in a clean environment. With large amounts of dust and spills, you will have to vacuum first then mop or the other way around. It would be so much easier if you could do both at the same time right? Well, it’s possible with a Vacuum and Mop Combo. Vacuum Mop Combo gives the luxury of doing both vacuum and mop cleaning with the push of a button.
What is a Vacuum and Mop Combo?
A Vacuum and Mop combo is a device that can vacuum and mop at the same time. You don’t need to use harsh and expensive chemicals, because they require water only. The vacuum is within the front of the mop and sucks up all the dust before the mop hits rock bottom.
Using a vacuum and mop combo features a lot more advantages compared to other cleaning equipment. You only need water which saves money on having to buy expensive cleaners.
The Best Cordless Vacuum Mop Combo
- Best Overall: BISSELL Symphony Vacuum Steam Mop
- Best Rated: Bissell 1543A Symphony
- Best Heavy Duty: Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Max Clean
Compare them all here or keep reading for individual reviews.
Best Overall: BISSELL Symphony Vacuum Cleaner and Steam Mop
The Bissell symphony vacuum cleaner vacuums and mops at the same time. It has been chosen by many home cleaning experts as the best steam mop for hardwood floors.
There is no need to take a break after vacuuming to mop later. It uses microfiber mop pads and is best suited for hard and sealed floors. The symphony has a 25-foot power cord which is longer than other equipment used for cleaning jobs.
There are four cleaning pads, two of which have scrubbing tips for deeper clean. It features a dry tank technology that maintains your dirt tank dry while you steam preventing humidity from entering the vacuum part.
– You can steam, “sterilize”, and sweep at the same time without needing to reassemble the machine.
– You can control the amount of steam.
– It works great on any bare floor from marble to tile and laminated wood.
– You can easily assemble the device using the quick guide and start cleaning immediately.
– The handle can be adjusted in 5 ways depending on how you want to use it.
– It heats the water and steams in about 30 seconds which is better than other vacuum cleaners.
– It comes with a 2-year limited warranty if purchased from amazon and a 3- year limited warranty if purchased directly from the website.
– Due to its combo function, it is a lot heavier than most but provides convenience.
– The steam mop needs distilled water which is an added expense
– Hard to clean big spills properly and end up spreading it around.
Best Rated: Bissell 1543A Symphony Steam Mop and Vacuum
Bissell is the market leader when it comes to vacuum mops.
The Bissell 1543A happens to be one of their best machines in this category, and as such, it had to be on this list of the best vacuum and mop combo. You can use it as a steamer, vacuum, or vacuum steamer.
Moreover, you can choose between low and high steam, depending on the mess you are to clean. Throw in the various vacuum options available, and you have a versatile device.
You will also appreciate that it can stand on its own. Therefore, you don’t have to find a place to support it should you need to take a rest or do something else. As for the weight, it weighs 10-pounds.
Not light, but I do not consider that to be heavy. It also fits into tight spots resulting in a cleaner house.
– It works with different types of discs resulting in sweet-smelling house
– It has a long-enough cord
– It is powerful
– It has hands-free disposal technology and
– It takes longer to heat the water
Heavy Duty: Bissell Proheat 2x Revolution
The Bissell Proheat 2x Revolution is considered innovative because of its unique combination of features and versatile functionality. It is relatively gentle on all carpet and furniture.
– Unlike some carpet and upholstery cleaners, the Proheat 2x is powerful and remains that way regardless of how full the tank gets.
– The machine is surprisingly lightweight at 17.5 pounds and features well-placed buttons that make switching modes quick and easy.
– It can be disassembled for thorough cleaning and maintenance, plus it’s relatively simple to put back together.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a vacuum that also mops?
Yes, there are a few vacuums that can also mop, you can find a few listed in this post. You can also find robot vacuums that are capable of mopping floors.
Can vacuum cleaners be used for mopping?
Vacuums typically do a better job than mops at reaching dirt in cracks and corners. This is especially important with grouted floors.
You typically want to choose a high quality vacuum and mop so that you can efficiently clean any space in your home.
Is a steam cleaner better than a mop?
Steam cleaners are definitely easier to use than regular mops, as they are an all-in-one device and save you from having to repeatedly dunk the mop in a bucket that you have to slide along the floor as you clean.
You can learn more about mop alternatives in my post: The Best Way to Clean Floors without a Mop
Does baking soda ruin your vacuum?
Baking soda can sometimes hurt the electric motors of Vacuums. Even though many of your modern vacuum cleaners suction area is sealed away from the motor, the small particles of Baking Soda still find its way in.
The electric motor of a vacuum cleaner needs to be cooled and to do this they suck in the surrounding air.
Before proceeding to clean with baking soda, make sure to use a thin later so that you don’t clog your vacuum.
Is it OK to vacuum hair?
Hair can quickly clog up your vacuum, or get wrapped around the brush and prevent it from working properly. Instead, grab your dustpan when you’re cleaning up a lot of hair.
If you really don’t want to use the old broom to pick up hair, some newer model of vacuums have technology to prevent clogging such as the Shark Navigator Zero. This Shark Vacuum has a self cleaning brush roll to help combat this problem.
Do steam mops sanitize?
Steam cleaners kill 99.9% of household germs, including salmonella, E. Coli, and Staphylococcus, as well as dust mites and surface mold. Once the water reaches 175-degrees F, it will sanitize surfaces effectively and many home cleaners reach up to 245-degrees F.
A good vacuum mop combo will take your domestic cleaning to a new level. They use a more advanced mechanism of cleaning that traditional cleaners didn’t possess. You can also use them on different surfaces.
Here on the blog we strive to help mothers have happier – cleaner homes. If you are in need of some extra help check out the following posts: